Walking out Your Faith with Joy and Purpose
Tres Dias is an inter-denominational 3-day weekend encounter with Christ. Some may want to call it a retreat, but it does not have the solitude of a retreat. The focus of the weekend is “God’s unmerited love.” The weekend is designed to show the “agape” type love that God pours out on us. This is love that is unconditional, unmerited, and for which the only true response can be love in return. The goal is to empower Christians to become leaders within their families, their small groups, their churches, and their communities.
The ‘Weekend’ runs from Thursday evening through Sunday evening. Those that attend a Weekend are called candidates. In addition to other candidates, the Weekend consists of committed Christian volunteers who serve as team members. The team members have various roles but one in particular is to share the “Christ within them ” with the candidates, while expecting nothing in return. (Experience shows that God richly blesses the team members more than a “thank you” from a candidate ever could!).
During the Weekend, you can expect:
* Group discussions of topics that are of vital interest to the Body of Christ.
* Times of prayer, sharing and fellowship.
* Lots of Worship music and singing.
* Lots of fun and surprises!
* LOTS of food. (This isn’t the weekend to plan a fast or begin a diet!).
* More surprises!!
* Most importantly, you can expect that God will meet you exactly where you are!
Generally, the Weekends are designed for men to go through their weekend first, and then a week later the women (spouses) go through theirs. Singles are also encouraged and accepted to encounter a weekend.
Tres Dias is a “once in a lifetime” experience. Once a person has attended a weekend, they are not permitted to attend again as a candidate, but, encouraged to serve as a team member on a future weekend. Following the Weekend, candidates are strongly encouraged to participate in small “share groups” or “home groups” (referred to in Tres Dias lingo as “reunion groups”).
* It is NOT intended to become an alternative to your home church or practice of worship.
* It is not a denomination, nor is it designed to become a focal point of worship, other than during the particular weekend.
Essentially, Tres Dias is the expression of unmerited Christian love exhibited by the Father through His people! It is the desire of the Tres Dias Community that candidates will return to their home churches with the empowerment of a revitalized relationship with Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit!
There are two things that make every Tres Dias weekend special!
* The first, and most important, is prayer! Once a person completes a Weekend, they become part of the Tres Dias “Community”. The community is made aware of future Weekend schedules (twice a year), and it is the responsibility and desire of the community to hold each Weekend up in prayer! Each Weekend experience is literally “bathed” in prayer, love, and support.
* The second is the support of the Tres Dias Community. Very often, people are touched by God’s Love in a powerful way on their weekend, and it becomes their desire to share that experience with others. It is this “Community” of believers that support the Weekends with their prayers and their physical labors. Christians work behind the scenes of every Weekend to make certain that the needs of the candidates are met!
ANYONE WHO WISHES TO ATTEND A WEEKEND MUST BE SPONSORED BY SOMEONE WHO HAS PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED A WEEKEND. This person or couple is called the Sponsor. The sponsor carries significant responsibility to assure that the candidate’s family is taken care of, so the candidate can focus on the activities of the weekend and not worry about what’s happening at home.
See your sponsor and ask him or her to get you an application to fill out. Once this is filled out and returned to your sponsor then he/she will do the rest including completing the online candidate application.
Once accepted on a Weekend, you will be provided with a list of recommended items to bring (such as blankets, pajamas, etc). Other than that, your sponsor will take care of all other details. All you have to do is walk out of your front door, as your sponsor will arrange to take you to the send-off point.
For more information please contact our pre-weekend couple at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to let your sponsor know of these needs in advance. Any special diet can be accommodated. If medication is needed during the night or at special times, members of the team will awaken you as needed and even bring a glass of water if needed!